Whiteboard animations come with a reasonable price range, making it affordable for businesses of all sizes.
A well-made whiteboard animation is one that has the following elements:-
- An engaging script that communicates core messages first before covering other interrelated details.
- The principles of consumer and colour psychology are suitably applied so that the whiteboard animation is aesthetically appealing to the audience targeted.
- The length of the whiteboard animation is suitably determined. The length should not be so short that it leaves viewers lost due to lack of detail and also it should not to put them off by bombarding them with too much information either.
- Whiteboard animation can convey complex messages in ways that are easily understood by audiences. However, this requires the right sort of talent who can achieve this.
It takes a vibrant production team to produce a single whiteboard animation. This production team usually comprises of the following professionals:-
- Scriptwriters– i.e. those who write the scripts on which the whiteboard animation would be based.
- Illustrators– i.e. those who draw the visuals, which could be characters, shapes, objects, lettering, etc.
- Graphic Designers – i.e. who then take these illustrations and digitise them, getting them animation-ready.
- Animators – i.e. those who create multiple images of the graphics designed to bring about an illusion of movement, so that it seems that the images/graphics are moving.
- Voiceover Professionals – i.e. those who narrate the script to introduce or to explain the product, service, idea, concept, message on which the whiteboard animation is based.
- Video Editors – i.e. those who weave all these elements together to give the whiteboard animation a beginning, middle and an end with a smooth finish.
As you can appreciate, an immense amount of intelligent and creative talent goes in making a whiteboard animation and animation studios have to compensate their talent accordingly for all the hard work they do.
This brings us to the next factor that determines the cost of a whiteboard animation and that is the time it takes to make it.
A typical 60-90 second whiteboard animation would take at least 6-8 weeks to produce.
If the initial version of a whiteboard animation goes on for more than 2 minutes, it is usually best to make two shorter whiteboard animations rather than have one long one.
This could keep the audience engagement level at its optimum, thereby reducing the risk of losing viewership.
The Price Range
It is hard to place a figure on how much a whiteboard animation would cost, as it usually works on a case-by-case basis.
However, as an idea, the cost of a well-made whiteboard animation would be from £2,000 - £4,000 to begin with.
View Our Recent Work Here:-